Instructions on using SpamSieve with Airmail?

Michael,

I know we have come a long way with getting SpamSieve finally compatible with AirMail. Of course, not your fault – it was getting the AirMail team to allow coded support.

I am finally attempting to replace Apple Mail with AirMail.

Trying to figure out how to use SpamSieve with the AirMail application.

It seems as if I don’t have to go through the setup process I had with Apple Mail. I have the latest version of SpamSieve installed, I launch AirMail, and it seems that there are options (Train as good or spam) available to me when I right click on a email message.

So far am I correct?

So, the question is, where does all the Spam mail go? In Apple Mail you actually have to create a Spam Mail folder and a rule to send SpamSieve flagged spam there.

None of that, as far as I can see, is being done in AirMail.

I would like a folder for all my spam mail to show up in, just in case something is wrongly flagged as spam.

I realize you posted a very good setup tutorial for AirMail. I cannot immediately locate it.

If you could answer the folder question above and include a link to that tutorial so I and others may refresh ourselves, it would be appreciated.

In the meantime, our utmost thanks for making this the best spam filter on the Mac platform.

Please see Setting Up Airmail.

It should go to the Spam mailbox in Airmail. This is towards the bottom of the Airmail window (between To Read and Important on my Mac).

Hi Michael!

I am using the latest BETA release. There is no spam filter at the bottom between the two points.

Did find a JUNK filter where I found some spam messages, but oddly those same messages on Apple Mail also went into its junk folder (rather than the spam folder), so I am not certain that was real SpamSieve spam.

It wasn’t the Junk folder you were referring to, was it?

Thanks as always for your assistance.

My comments were based on the release version of Airmail, 1.3.2 (231). In the current beta, version 1.4 (336), it looks like Airmail calls it Junk. In any case, I am referring to the mailbox whose icon is a circle with a slash.

Hi Michael, I also left OSX Mail as it has sevre sync problems back to exchange.
As Airmail syncs over icloud can we run Spamsieve on Laptop and Main machine simultaneously? Could it please sync the rules that Spamsieve trains? Can we have the ctrl-CMD-S and ctrl-CMD-G good also in Spamsieve? So used to it.

uh 9 years really reviving this dead horse lol

Yes, but the normal caveats for multi-Mac setups apply.

Not currently (except for the Contacts), though that’s something I’m working on.

The Airmail developer has chosen to use different default keyboard shortcuts, but you can use the Keyboard panel of System Settings to change them to the familiar ones from Apple Mail if you want.

Thanks Micheal for the quick replay, great support as usual.

Option-Shift-Command-B keyboard, OK that’s a lot of keys I however can not find a way to change that in the Airmail settings.

Whohoo, that’s a hot feature and will make running Spamsieve on more than one Mac perfect. At the moment its just not nice if a new spam comes in and you can not mark it as spam as its not the Spamsieve machine or its not running for whatever reasons.

Damn just realised that airmail has a S/MIME plugin from 2015 that doesn’t even load. Well there is two things an Email app has to be able to do. Spamsieve and S/MIME

It’s analogous to the way it’s done for Apple Mail.

The drone setup can handle that in a lot of cases, though it’s not supported by Airmail.