Is the option "Improve sound quality by disabling audio input from device" still applicable now that Google Meet allows you to manually pick the audio input source?

I have AirPods Pro 2, ToothFairy installed, and “Improve sound quality by disabling audio input from device” is activated.

When I attend any Google Meet, I can plainly see that the sound quality of my AirPods lowers. Google Meet has an option to allow users pick the mic source; when I choose my Macbook inner mic, the sound quality returned to normal.

So I guess the advanced option is no longer active?

That option affects what happens when you connect the device to your Mac using ToothFairy. For example, if you had the internal microphone selected before connecting the AirPods, ToothFairy will switch the sound input back to the internal microphone afterwards so that the AirPods can do sound output at full quality.

This does not prevent an app such as Google Meet from later changing the sound input. But, really, the option is intended for apps that don’t let you pick the sound input source automatically. If you have that control in Google Meet, you can already set it to whatever you want.

1 Like

Thank you so much for clarifying!