Mail keeps quitting?

Mac OS High Sierra Version 10.13.6

ALSO

Since upgrading to Version 3 my mail keeps quitting closing down unexpectedly, I keep getting mac messages informing your mail has Quit Unexpectedly

I never had any issues with the Previous Version, Im wishing I never upgraded ATM , Its caused me lost time and a few headaches and worry somethings going to go wrong with my Mail as it keeps shutting down. It takes a while to shut down, but it would do it at least 4 plus times a day ATM .

How do I fix this issue also ???

Upgraded to New Version

Keep having Issues as mentioned in other Tickets

This is constantly happening

Mail Quit 1

That is surprising because SpamSieve 3 does not update the Mail plug-in on macOS 10.13. It continues to use the same one that was installed before. So there may be something else going on. Please send in the Mail crash reports as described here.

Im seriously considering removing it at the moment , be nice to get a direct contact so i can sort this issue out.

Please e-mail or PM me the full Mail crash log files.

You can click Uninstall Plug-In… in the Settings to remove the SpamSieve plug-in from Mail, which may help.

Ive sent you an Email as requested.

Be great if we could get this sorted out.

I received the e-mail, but it contains the same screenshot of the crash that you posted here. I really need to see the actual crash log text file from Mail, as mentioned here.

Does it still crash after uninstalling the SpamSieve plug-in?

Hi Michael

Ok next time it Crashes, Ill get you the complete log file

Thanks for sending the crash log. The relevant part of it is:

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Got more VANISHED UIDs than existing messages'
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
abort() called

Application Specific Backtrace 1:
0   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff46260bbb __exceptionPreprocess + 171
1   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x00007fff6c7edc76 objc_exception_throw + 48
2   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff46266952 +[NSException raise:format:arguments:] + 98
3   Foundation                          0x00007fff483929f0 -[NSAssertionHandler handleFailureInMethod:object:file:lineNumber:description:] + 193
4   IMAP                                0x00007fff5fc5d8e9 -[IMAPConnection _recordUntaggedResponse:forCommand:exists:receivedExists:fromIDLE:] + 4639
5   IMAP                                0x00007fff5fc57ca3 -[IMAPConnection _copyNextTaggedOrContinuationResponseForCommand:exists:receivedExists:] + 1038
6   IMAP                                0x00007fff5fc5c31a -[IMAPConnection _responseFromSendingCommand:receivedExists:] + 1386
7   IMAP                                0x00007fff5fc575f1 -[IMAPConnection executeClientCommand:] + 60
8   IMAP                                0x00007fff5fc5745b -[IMAPConnection prepareAndExecuteCommand:] + 220
9   IMAP                                0x00007fff5fc89a94 -[IMAPServerInterface executeClientCommand:] + 1195
10  IMAP                                0x00007fff5fc87a38 -[IMAPServerInterface expunge] + 56
11  IMAP                                0x00007fff5fc97235 __45-[IMAPTaskManager expungeMailbox:ifSelected:]_block_invoke + 44
12  IMAP                                0x00007fff5fc9474b __89-[IMAPTaskManager _doCommandBlockForMailbox:block:async:ifSelected:priority:description:]_block_invoke_2 + 128
13  IMAP                                0x00007fff5fc7a3ba -[IMAPNetworkBlockOperation main] + 237
14  Foundation                          0x00007fff482f40ce -[__NSOperationInternal _start:] + 778

I don’t think this is due to SpamSieve. It’s caused by a Mail bug as it syncs a mailbox with the IMAP server. Other Mail users have reported this issue, e.g. here. It may help to do a complete rebuild Mail’s database, as described here.

However, it may be that you are hitting this bug more than before if you changed the SpamSieve setup when you updated to version 3. For example, if before Mail was moving spam messages to local mailbox under On My Mac and now it’s moving them to a server mailbox. Where do you have it set to move the messages? I don’t recall seeing a diagnostic report from you.

The crash reports show that you apparently manually told SpamSieve 3 to install the new version of the plug-in. I don’t think that would be the cause of the problem since no one else has reported this issue, but I wanted to mention this since I had written that above. If you are still getting crashes after the database rebuild you could get the old plug-in back by downloading SpamSieve 2 and telling it to install the plug-in, and that would let us see for sure whether you are seeing a difference in behavior with the two versions of the plug-in. But I doubt that’s the issue.

Ok ,

I may have done it trying to fix the issues I’m having with the update.

Pls consider not all your customers are tech savvy and instructions are not always easy to follow. We are also time poor trying to deal with our own work loads as you are with yours . So we are always looking for the fastest easiest solution and may make mistakes.

I think I may have in this instance by memory.

Thanks I’ll try that

Understood. It’s fine if you do install the new plug-in. I just wanted to correct the record that we can’t rule it out as the cause, as I initially thought.