I am using the demo version of the Eaglefiler. It seems to be a good software but i have some problems with importing the mails that i captured from Outlook 2011 to Mac Mail.
For ex, i have approximately 4099 sent items on my Outlook 2011, i can export them to Eaglefiler. When i import them to Mac mail as you instructed, i can only get 2422 mails… I have lost nearly 2000 mails. Why this happens?
I didn’t try to inbox importing yet, but i think the same problem will occur.
Can you please help me and guide me?
Macbook Pro Late 2011 - Mountain Lion 10.8.4
Mac Mail - 6.5
I suppose you would need to look at the actual messages in Mail to see which ones are “missing,” but here are three possibilities:
Mail encountered some sort of an error while importing. Even if it doesn’t report this to you, the error might show up in the Console log.
Mail will import duplicate messages, but it doesn’t display them or show them in the count. It also has a very loose definition of what counts as a duplicate.
If you had imported individual messages into EagleFiler (stored as .eml files rather than mailboxes), Mail’s mbox import will skip these.
One thing you could do is create a new library in EagleFiler. Then select all the imported messages in Mail and press F1. This will import the messages back into EagleFiler, which will give you an accurate count, and you could see whether that’s the same.
There’s a known bug in Outlook that prevents it from exporting certain messages (e.g. those imported from Windows Outlook) via AppleScript. However, you can still export the messages (without the metadata that EagleFiler would normally save) by dragging the mail folder (or individual messages) from Outlook to a folder in the Finder.
If you drag a whole folder, you’ll get a mailbox file. If you drag individual messages, you’ll get EML files; you can them use the Merge Message Files command in EagleFiler to combine them into a mailbox file that Apple Mail can read.
Thank you for your reply. I did what you told below, before. I drag the folder that, contains messages that eaglefiler couldn’t import, in outlook to a folder in Finder. Then i imported that mbox file to mail app. But whole 2800 messages are corrupted, strange characters appear…
The file exported from Outlook is corrupted, so there is a problem with Outlook’s database. When you tried to rebuild Outlook’s database, you got a -18000 error. I would suggest starting a new Outlook database to prevent any of your new mail from being damaged.