Mark [blue] messages as Read and Move to Trash?

Hi,

I’ve been using extra rules as instructed in 4.6.5 (https://c-command.com/spamsieve/help/spam-message-colors-in) to move [blue] messages to Trash; I’d further like to mark blue messages as Read, leaving as Unread the rest of the colors, which are moved to [spam folder name].

I have added ‘Mark as Read’ to the [blue] rules, but they have no effect. I’ve tried moving the mark condition above the move; no effect.

The general option listed in 4.6.8 to ‘Mark Incoming Spam as Read’ (which I would presume translates to the [score] rule) seems to affect all messages, which isn’t what I want.

What am I overlooking?

I would expect that to work, and I know that it has in the past. While I set up a test to check it here, could you send in a diagnostic report so that I can make sure that your rules are set up properly?

Thanks for sending the report. I noticed that you also have a rule that runs the SaneBox script. Do you have this set to treat the blue messages differently? This script would not be affected by any rule actions that mark messages as read. So I want to be clear whether the problem is happening for messages processed by the regular SpamSieve rules and not this script.

The action to mark as read is working correctly on my Mac (with macOS 10.13.5). You seem to be using 10.12.6, and I don’t recall getting any other reports like this during the time that was current.

No, all the Sanebox script does is scan specific server-filtered folders on a few of servers; it is set only to process, color and move SPAM to Spam folder(s).

The action to mark as read is working correctly on my Mac (with macOS 10.13.5). You seem to be using 10.12.6, and I don’t recall getting any other reports like this during the time that was current.

Yes, 10.12.6, and the problem can be replicated on another Sierra machine that does not use Sanebox. I just can’t get the rules to Mark as Read.

edit

Does it work if you use only a single non-color rule like this and set it to mark the messages as read?