Marking Spam as "Blue"

Awesome program; thank you!!!

Quick question- Can one classify messages as Blue (very spammy) using a drone setup?

In Depth:

• · I get ~400 messages a day, almost all of which are spam; incredible SpamSieve correctly classifies almost all of these.
  • · I use a drone set-up to minimize In-Box flooding on my multiple devices.
  • · I color the background of the message according to how spammy it is.
  • · “Blue” messages (with an ~100% TPR as Spam) are moved directly to the Trash (so that I don’t have to review them). This encompasses about half the spam.
  • · I would like to “train” my drone to classify other selected spam messages (those that I know will always be spam) as blue. However, using Train as Spam doesn’t seem to work- the messages are correctly trained as spam, but not colored blue, so they show up in the Spam mailbox and then take time to manually go through.

Is there any way to automatically train these messages as blue spam (so that they will go straight to the Trash)?

BTW, I tried to accomplish almost the same thing here (“Move it to the Trash if the spam score is at least 99 (blocklist)”) by setting the slider to, say, 95, but the option is always greyed out (not available).

Many thanks!!!

Details:

Drone Computer:

• · Mail v 14.0 (3654.120.0.1.15)
  • · MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015)
  • · SpamSieve 3.03

Non-drone systems:

• · MacOS: Ventura 13.5.2 using Outlook Version 16.80 (23121017)
  • · iOS: 17.1.2

Yes, you can just move the message to the TrainSpam mailbox. That will add the message’s sender to the blocklist so that future messages from that sender will get a score of 99.

Did they have the same sender name or address as a message that you trained as spam? Is there a blocklist rule that you think they should have matched?

The Move it to the Trash if the spam score is at least option is for when you’re using the Mail extension setup. If you’re using the Mail plug-in setup, you can choose which colors are moved to the trash by adjusting which colors are in your rule’s name.

Unfortunately, this doesn’t work: ( “Yes, you can just move the message to the TrainSpam mailbox. That will add the message’s sender to the blocklist so that future messages from that sender will get a score of 99.”).

All the messages that I move to the “Train as Spam” mailbox on the non-drone systems show up again after a brief delay in my Spam mailbox in Outlook, rather than the Trash mailbox where messages marked as Blue go.

Could it be that on my dedicated SpamSieve computer they are getting added to the Blocklist but are getting transferred to the Spam folder rather than Trash??? Sorry, I don’t understand Blocklist functionality. Is there a weblink in SpamSieve’s awesome Help files I can read to get more versed in this area?

Good advice (“If you’re using the Mail plug-in setup, you can choose which colors are moved to the trash by adjusting which colors are in your rule’s name.”). When I get some time I’ll play with adding the next most “spammy” color to my rules and see if this can achieve the goal of classifying most of the spam as spam with a 100% TPR and moving it directly to the Trash.

As always, thanks for an awesome product and equally awesome support!

It is expected that when you train a message as spam it will end up in the Junk mailbox in Apple Mail (which may map to Spam in Outlook, depending on your settings). It’s the future messages like the trained one that should go to Trash.

Yes. The blocklist affects the filtering of incoming messages, not what happens when you train a message.