Marking spam fails

I have a problem with marking spam messages as read in version 2.9.51: Often nothing is marked. What can I do? The spam-sieve-settings-changes do nothing.

System: Monterey 12.6.3 with Mail v16.0

Many greetings
Ralph

Are you choosing SpamSieve - Train as Spam from the Message menu or using some other means of training?

Do you mean that the messages do not change background color? Or that they don’t move to Junk?

Does training add a Trained: Spam (Manual) entry to the log?

Dear Michael,

thank you vor quick answer!
I mean Spam Sieve - Change settings. I don’t want to have to manually hide spam every time.

Manually, Spam Sieve - Rate as Spam marks the mail as read. But I don’t want that to happen in the first place: So I have to go to the spam folder to mark spam as read.

Again, I have it set to automatically mark spam as read via the rules. But in fact spam is displayed as unread. This is an error.

I can’t do anything with the log. I don’t use it, it’s too technical for me, sorry.

Best
Ralph

Predicted: Spam (96)
Subject: Ihre Solar-Anlage (PV) Angebot 2454 vom 08.03.2023
Identifier: 7zrg19UPRuNa/bcOhrG1Dw==
Reason: P(spam)=1.000[1.000], bias=0.000, MT:iso-8859-1(1.000), I:04(1.000), H:X-SWM-BOUNCE(1.000), x-swm-bounce:04(1.000), R:^admin(1.000), x-swm-bounce:02(1.000), I:link(1.000), I:ostat(1.000), U:ostat(1.000), x-policyd-weight:s(1.000), R:^135^125(1.000), R:^135(1.000), F:@xulioos.com(1.000), R:^einfachklick^com(1.000), R:^einfachklick^com(1.000)
Date: 2023-03-08 12:23:59 +0100 (GMT+1)
===================================================================== -> read (manually
Trained: Spam (Auto)
Subject: Ihre Solar-Anlage (PV) Angebot 2454 vom 08.03.2023
Identifier: 7zrg19UPRuNa/bcOhrG1Dw==
Actions: added to Spam corpus (108)
Date: 2023-03-08 12:23:59 +0100 (GMT+1)
===================================================================== ->unread

So, to make sure I understand you correctly:

1. When you train messages as spam they are marked as read and move to Junk.
  2. Spam messages are automatically going from Inbox to Junk.
  3. But these messages are not marked as read.

Is that right? Are all the messages in Junk not being marked as read or just some of them?

Do the unread ones have colored backgrounds like this:

or brown text on a white background like this:

?

" So, to make sure I understand you correctly:

1. When you train messages as spam they are marked as read and move to Junk."
    Yes

“2. Spam messages are automatically going from Inbox to Junk.”
Yes

“3. But these messages are not marked as read.”
Yes

“Is that right? Are all the messages in Junk not being marked as read or just some of them?”
Yes

There is no brown text.

Thank you!

The Change Settings control is for what happens when you train a message. Are you aware that in order for the automatically filtered messages to be marked as read you need to add a Mark as Read action to the SpamSieve rule? You wrote “again” about this above, but since it was the first time you mentioned the rules it was not clear what you meant. If you still can’t get this to work, please post a screenshot of the rule that you are using.

Thank you Michael - now I realize my error in thinking. Thanks again - that was it. Great support!

Have a nice weekend!