I’m not seeing the behavior that I had hoped (selected and marked spam email going directly to trash). SpamSieve is working perfectly in every other aspect.
- SpamSieve installed, rules setup for Exchange. I’m using latest Apple OS/Mail Client.
- A couple of options set including color spam messages. Works great.
- “Apple Mail - Block Sender.scpt” installed in ~Library/Scripts/Applications/Mail
- Show Script in Menu Bar checked and the above scripts shows up in the list when I’m in Mail.
- When a spam email comes in I select the Messages - Train as Spam if it is a false negative
- Once the email is in the Junk folder, I highlight a message and then click on the “Apple Mail - Block Sender” script.
What I thought would happen is that the next email from the same address would just go directly to trash. However, it still just goes to the Junk folder.
My test from an infrequently used gmail account:
- Send message to my Exchange account.
- It arrives in my inbox, I use the Message - Train as Spam option. SpamSieve moves the message to the Junk folder.
- I send another message to my Exchange account and SpamSieve correctly moves the message to my Junk folder and colors it dark blue. So far, so good…
- I then highlight the message in my Junk folder and click the “Apple Mail - Block Sender” script.
- I send a third message to my Exchange account, expecting the message to go directly to the trash. It doesn’t. The message is moved to the Junk folder and colored dark blue.
Are my expectations that the script will mark messages once in the junk folder and subsequently send them to trash? I didn’t modify the script in any way, should I have changed something in the script? Is there there a way to confirm which messages are marked as go directly to trash?
Any help or advice appreciated.
PS Also saw Toothfairy on your site and purchased it through the App Store. Works great (and I rated it five stars). Just what I needed now that my office is teleworking.