I am on day 1 on my EagleFiler trial. I have some questions/comments to which I was unable to find the answers in the manual:
- To test, I have imported all of my old e-mail (MH converted to mbox using archivemail. EagleFiler successfully imported my folder hierarchy etc. But it appears that I am unable to search for anything (Anywhere, From, To/cc) unless I am in a particular mail folder. Is it not possible to do global searches?
- When I click on a mbox folder, the preview pane (not sure if this is the right term - the bottom right pane) just shows the name of the mailbox and the number of messages in the mailbox. This seems like a waste of space - wouldn’t it be better to have a list of message headers, or the tags used for messages in that mbox, or something else?
- I don’t use Apple Mail (I use mutt). So I was a bit perturbed when I clicked on an attachment and got the “Welcome to Mail” account setup screen. Is it possible to just open attachments using the Finder?
- Is it possible to adjust the timeout parameters for grabbing web archives? I dragged a URL to EagleFiler and one of the servers providing an image in the page (a doubleclick server) was down at the time. Importing the web archive did not complete until EagleFiler timed out, which appeared to be after several minutes. Alternatively is it possible to specify any kind of ad-blocking? Also on this point, the timeout didn’t appear in the “Errors” window; i.e., there was no feedback at all.
- Has anyone written a capture script for Preview? When I pressed the capture key with a PDF open in Preview I expected it to be imported into EagleFiler, but this didn’t occur.
That’s it for now; no doubt I will have more questions as I start to explore further. TIA.