Not Catching Spam

When using SpamSieve for the first couple of years it worked great. Unfortunately now it’s a piece of garbage. Hasn’t worked for the last two years. They took my money when I renewed, I have the serial number and I thank you for your purchase by SpamSieve.

I know how to use a Mac computer I’ve been doing so for over 30 years. I followed all the SpamSieve instructions including how to set up the SpamSieve.mailbundle plug-in. I set up the spam folder as instructed just like I did the first time and there hasn’t been anything in that folder for two years. I get over 100 spam emails every day. Can anyone suggest a spam program that actually works?

thanks for any suggestions

By the way, I have left many messages here with absolutely no replies. I did use another username. Which I don’t remember. By the way, this is no way to treat a veteran.

Every time someone has reported something like this, it has turned out that something changed in their setup so that SpamSieve was turned off. This page describes how you can check your setup in Apple Mail. Or, please use the Save Diagnostic Report command in the Help menu and send in the report file, and I can take a look at your setup directly.

There has not been a renewal fee for SpamSieve. If you placed two separate orders but only needed once license, please contact us via e-mail with your two order numbers and we can refund one of them.

As far as I’m aware, I’ve replied to every single question in this forum. If you find an unanswered message, please post a link to it here, and I’ll investigate.

7.1.1 Checking the Apple Mail Setup

MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL. EVERYTHING IS SET UP according to SPAMSIEVE instructions.

And I don’t have receipts for the renewal that took place almost 3 years ago.

I just sent you the diagnostic report file.

Thanks for sending the diagnostic report. It looks like the serial number that you are using was purchased in 2012, not 3 years ago. I do not see any other orders for the name or address associated with that license.

The report also shows that SpamSieve is not set up in Apple Mail. Please see the instructions here and follow Step 3 to create the SpamSieve rule in Mail and Step 6 to turn off Mail’s built-in junk filter.

If the last time I purchased it was in 2012 then how come I was using it up to about three years ago?

Anyway, I guess it really doesn’t matter. So if I follow your instructions it’s still not going to work obviously because I need to buy it again, correct? In your literature it says you only have to buy it one time. So I have to buy it again? Do you have anything regarding discounts for disabled veterans which I am one? I can send proof.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I’m dying in a sea of spam. And I guess I would have to get the program that works with two people, my wife and I.

You already have a 2-user license that you purchased in 2012 and which is still valid for the current version, so you don’t have to purchase anything else.