In addition to the official EagleFiler AppleScripts, various other scripts, workflows, etc., have been discussed in this forum.
A call has been put out for volunteers to cull the forum and tag such threads.
- Threads containing “script” were culled back thru 3/30/11.
- Responses below to this sticky thru 01/14/13 added.
- Call for volunteers issued.
- Capture messages and their tags from Apple Mail. Also see this related thread. (This is an enhanced version of the EagleFiler Import From Apple Mail AppleScript, as indicated in the notes for that script.) [import, mail]
- Convert pdf files with annotations between three formats: pdf with Skim annotations as extended attributes, pdf bundle (pdfd), and pdf with Skim annotations embedded. (These build on the EagleFiler PDF to PDF Bundle AppleScript.) [pdf]
- Import all open Safari tabs to EagleFiler. [browser, import]
- Change the font of rtf files to the font in EagleFiler preferences and preserve bold, italics, and bold-italics. (This is an enhanced version of the EagleFiler Change Rich Text Font AppleScript, as indicated in the notes for that script) [text]
- Convert folders to tags. Two versions: one to convert the immediate folder parent and the other to convert the entire folder hierarchy to tags. [tags]
- Import selected Apple Mail Messages with Options. (This is an enhanced version of the EagleFiler Import From Apple Mail, as indicated in the notes for that script.) [import, mail]
- Transfer date in filename to “Date Created” and “Date Modified” fields. [metadata]
- Import docs into Mendeley from EF. (unfinished – Mendeley “has no plans to introduce [AppleScript] support in the immediate future”) [import, integration_w_other_apps]
- Import record into EF and auto-assign tag sets. Two versions: one for LaunchBar and the other for a Folder Action. [import, tags]
- Create separate “notes” record from a record’s “Notes” field. [metadata]
- Open library (from LaunchBar) and select Smart Folder. [misc]
- Tag older duplicate as “original”: A user seeks a modification of the Remove Duplicates script that, instead of keeping the older of the duplicates, keeps one tagged “original” or “master”. [duplicates]
- Merge the selected PDF files using PDFpen. [pdf]
- Checking for duplicate pdfs (with and without annotations) [duplicates, pdf]
- Use ABBYY FineReader to OCR PDFs from your ScanSnap [ocr, pdf]
- Create and print text record in response to data supplied in dialogs [forms, text]
- Rename files for compatibility with Dropbox and Windows using either this script by Michael Tsai that applies ASCII substitutions or this script by humanengr that applies (more aesthetically pleasing) Unicode substitutions. [Dropbox, metadata]
- Hide selected records from EF [hide, library_management]
- Select random unread record
- The How do you use EagleFiler? thread contains lots of interesting posts addressing, e.g., EF-Bibdesk-Word and EF-Synk Pro-PDF Expert (or ReaddleDocs) workflows. [integration_w_other_apps]
- Workflow for converting paginated HTML manuals into a single PDF [html, pdf]
The original plan was to search for selected strings (“script”, “scpt”, “tell application”, “attachment”, “workflow”, “integration”, “Mail”, “Dropbox”, “Skim”, “shell”, “bash”, …). If you’d rather do that than the page-by-page method suggested in the call for volunteer thread, you can reduce overlap in results with a Google search for <<eaglefiler -script scpt site:c-command.com/forums>>.