Problem Installing SpamSieve

I have gone through Steps 1 & 2 in 3.1 Setting Up Apple Mail instructions, but am not able to see the following:

SpamSieve - Change Settings, SpamSieve - Train as Good, and SpamSieve - Train as Spam items in Mail’s Message menu.

Please help! Thank you.

Did you click the checkbox to enable the SpamSieve.mailbundle and then click Apply and Restart Mail? Did Mail report an error?

If you still can’t get it to work, please use the Save Diagnostic Report command in the Help menu and send me the report file, as described here.

Thanks for sending the report. It looks to me like the plug-in is installed and activated, and the log shows that Mail did load it on March 28. If you still don’t see the SpamSieve commands in Mail’s Message menu:

could you send a screenshot of what you do see there?

You could also click this link to enable some additional debug logging related to the plug-in in case you need to save another diagnostic report.

Michael,

I DO see the SpamSieve commands in Mail’s Message menu and will start to train SpamSieve.

I will report back if I have any problems going forward.

Thank you.

Scott

Michael,

Once I train SpamSieve, will I have to open the Spam Folder, select all those messages, and then delete them or can SpamSieve send those messages directly into Trash?

Scott

I recommend reviewing them in the Spam mailbox before deleting them, so you can check whether there are any mistakes and train them as good, but it is also possible to modify the SpamSieve rule in Mail to send the messages directly to the Trash. If you do that, you should turn off the Auto-train with incoming mail option.

Thank you very much!

Scott