Rules.

I’m trying to create a rule but it’s not working. A rock climbing site I visit, SuperTopo.com. If I send someone a message I would get a reply whose Subject is: Re: Greetings from SuperTopo:member usermname.

The rule is if the title contains Re: Greetings from SuperTopo

Trouble is is that it never works.

Also, if someone from that site is sending me a message, I have a rule that if the title contains Greetings from SuperTopo, but that one doesn’t work either.

Tips?

Thanks.

Is this a whitelist rule? When you say that it doesn’t work, what do you mean? Is the message moved to your Spam mailbox? What does the log say about these messages?

Trained: Good (Manual)
Subject: Greetings from SuperTopo Member: H
Identifier: DwJcN7iNZTr9Z2Cf2WEukQ==
Actions: added rule <From (address) Is Equal to "harrison@hoodmountainadventures.com"> to SpamSieve whitelist, added to Good corpus (1254)
Date: 2013-10-24 00:02:15 +0000

I couldn’t find where it marked it as Spam but found this where I “trained” it to accept it.

Yes, it’s a whitelist rule.
The message is in m Junk Email folder.

BTW, I’m using Mail

thanks for taking the time to help me figure this out, BTW.

Is the “SpamSieve” rule at the top of the list in Mail’s preferences window?

Yes and it is the only rule.

Then if there is no “Predicted” entry in the log for that message, it means that it was marked as spam by your mail server (or perhaps another computer/device) before your Mac ever saw the message. SpamSieve’s whitelist can’t help you if the message is gone before it gets to SpamSieve.

Hmmm… yes, I do have my computer at work set up on the same accounts. I’ll check in just a minute.

I have spamsieve set up on my work computer and have my mail set up the same way on my iPad.

It sounds like the SpamSieve training is out of sync between the two Macs. At least one of them is probably now working from incorrect data and needs to be reset. Please see SpamSieve and Multiple Macs.