Serial number not sticking after upgrade to 3.0

I’ve upgraded to v3.0 but whenever spamsieve starts it’s back in trial mode and the Serial Name + Nu,ber fields are empty so I need to re-enter them. It accepts them - I get the thank you message until SpamSieve restarts and it’s back in trial mode. Clearly some pref file is not saving correctly.

What I have noticed is if I go back into the Purchase modal the fields are still editble. I’m sure in v2.0 once you confirm purchase these fields became locked?

Yes, that’s what it sounds like. Please use the Save Diagnostic Report command in the Help menu and send me the report file, as described here, and I’ll see if there’s a file permissions problem or something.

They were not locked in 2.x, either. This lets you change the serial number, e.g. if you upgrade to a family license.

report send.

Must be just mis-remembering the fields locking thing – many of the other apps I use do this.

Thanks for the report. It looks like you have an Access Control List (ACL) that is preventing SpamSieve from writing to its own preferences file. You can probably fix this by opening the Terminal app and entering this command:

sudo chmod -RN ~/Library/Preferences

Did that, let’s see if that works. Thanks.