Several Problems with Spamsieve and El Capitan

I am using Spamsieve 2.9.23 with El Capitan 10.11.2 with Apple Mail following instructions and have a few problems.

1. When I select messages and mark them as spam they end up in the junk mailbox, not the Spam mailbox I created.

2. Mail will not let me delete Junk mailboxes as specified in the instructions. There is the overall Junk mailbox and under it a Junk mailbox for each of my email accounts.

3. In one email account, a gmail account, When I mark a message as spam, it changes color, disappears for a couple of seconds and then reappears again in the original account mail box. Doing it again it stays moved. IOW, I have to key cmd-ctrl-s twice to move it out of the account mailbox.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks,

Bill

Are you marking the messages as spam using the “SpamSieve - Train as Spam” command in Mail’s Message menu?

Do you see the Spam mailbox under “On My Mac”?

I don’t think the instructions ask you to delete any Junk mailboxes. Which sentence are you referring to?

This could be due to a server problem. Do you see any errors from Mail in the Console after the first failed training?

Thanks Michael,

#1 and 2 are solved. I could not find the instructions I used again, but if Junk is not to be deleted, no problem.

This could be due to a server problem. Do you see any errors from Mail in the Console after the first failed training?

Yes:

A bunch of messages regarding timeouts (I have a slow and varying web-connection and should be using POP3)

12/19/15 11:03:37.873 AM bill501[8896]: SpamSieve Apple Mail Plug-In [Train as Spam] Error Training: Mail got an error: AppleEvent timed out.

plus

12/19/15 11:00:05.618 AM bill501[8827]: SpamSieve Apple Mail Plug-In [Train as Spam] Error Training: Mail got an error: Connection is invalid.

12/19/15 10:56:34.000 AM kernel[0]: SpamSieve[8743] triggered unnest of range 0x7fff8fc00000->0x7fff8fe00000 of DYLD shared region in VM map 0x98b6239d9cebd1c5. While not abnormal for debuggers, this increases system memory footprint until the target exits.

I changed some settings in Mail->Prefs->Accounts having to do with storing junk on the server and things seem to be working reasonably.

One other question

I’ve been using SpamSieve since it 1st came out. I recently moved from Eudora to Apple Mail since I was forced to give up OS 10.6.8 (Gods, I miss Eudora)…

I’ve never trained as good, just pushed to Not Junk when SpamSieve made a mistake in Eudora. I that what Train As Good does in Mail?

Thanks,

Bill

Yes.