Since upgrading to El Cap and using 2.9.21b1 spam is identified correctly as spam but it is not moving it to Junk folder as it used to, all junk just stays in my inbox. Highlighting the messages and cmd+ctl+s does move them to Junk just doesn’t happen automatically.
For anyone who is seeing this problem, please contact me via e-mail and include the following information:
- What type of account are you using (POP, IMAP, or Exchange)?
- Is your Spam mailbox (where the SpamSieve rule is set to move messages to) under “On My Mac” or on a server?
- Please include your Console log file as an attachment.
- Please include your SpamSieve log file as an attachment.
- Please include a screenshot of your inbox showing some of the unmoved spam messages.
- If you select the messages and choose Messages > Apply Rules, are they then automatically moved to the Spam mailbox?
The problem seems to be that your SpamSieve rule changed so that it was set to move the spam to the inbox instead of the Spam mailbox.
Changing SpamSieve rules
How do you fix this?
Just go into Mail’s preferences and edit the rule so that it looks like the one shown in Step 3.