The following was posted on the SpamSieve blog:
Version 2.9.14 of SpamSieve is now available. This is a free update that includes the following changes:
- Works with Apple Mail under Mac OS X 10.9.3. It’s easiest if you update to SpamSieve 2.9.14 before updating to Mac OS X 10.9.3. In any case, if you don’t see the SpamSieve commands in Apple Mail’s Message
menu, be sure to choose Install Apple Mail Plug-In from the SpamSieve menu. Otherwise, with the SpamSieve plug-in not installed, Mail will move good messages to the spam mailbox without consulting SpamSieve. - Made various changes to improve SpamSieve’s filtering accuracy.
- Added the Does SpamSieve protect me from viruses? and Why does SpamSieve always need an update when Mac OS X is updated? sections to the manual.
- Improved the Spam Message Colors in Apple Mail, Correct All Mistakes, Sending in the SpamSieve Log File, Using a Spam Mailbox on the Server, Why does the “Junk” mailbox appear in Apple Mail?, and Checking the Mailsmith Setup sections of the manual, as well as various instructional alerts and error messages.
- The Import Addresses… command no longer has a file size limit.
- SpamSieve no longer prompts to access the system contacts database if you have Use Mac OS X Address Book unchecked.
- Made some changes to make SpamSieve launch faster, especially when cfprefsd is slow to respond.
- Rewrote the Apple Mail - Discard Spam script to not rely on GUI scripting and to avoid deleting messages that were already in the trash.
- The Setting Up Postbox command works better with pre-release versions of Postbox.
- SpamSieve now checks the permissions on more of Apple Mail’s folders.
- If an error occurs during Install Outlook Scripts, SpamSieve will now try to determine whether this was because Microsoft Outlook was not installed properly.
- If your copy of Apple Mail is damaged, SpamSieve will now report this, but it will still let you install the plug-in.
- The training commands in Apple Mail work better with localized mailbox names.
- Added more logging for the Outlook Train as Good
command. - The images in the PDF manual and Apple Help are now Retina-resolution.
- Adjusted the font sizes in the PDF manual.
SpamSieve 2.9.14 works with Mac OS X 10.5 through 10.9 and requires an e-mail client. Older versions are available for older operating systems. For information about previous releases of SpamSieve, please see the version history.