The following was posted on the SpamSieve blog:
Version 2.9.15 of SpamSieve is now available. This is a free update that includes the following changes:
- Works with Apple Mail under Mac OS X 10.9.4. It’s easiest if you update to SpamSieve 2.9.15 before updating to Mac OS X 10.9.4. In any case, if you don’t see the SpamSieve commands in Apple Mail’s Message
menu, be sure to choose Install Apple Mail Plug-In from the SpamSieve menu. Otherwise, with the SpamSieve plug-in not installed, Mail will move good messages to the spam mailbox without consulting SpamSieve.
- Improved compatibility with pre-release versions of Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Made various changes to improve SpamSieve’s filtering accuracy.
- SpamSieve now requires Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later. Versions of SpamSieve for Mac OS X 10.5 and earlier are available.
- Modernized lots of code and removed old code that’s no longer needed for compatibility with legacy OS versions.
- Made changes so that SpamSieve launches faster, especially when cfprefsd is slow to respond.
- Added the Why are messages marked as spam in Apple Mail but not moved? section to the manual.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Install Outlook Scripts command to fail if Parallels Desktop was installed and its stub application for the Windows version of Outlook was enabled.
- The Apple Mail - SaneBox script now reports errors to Console (since Mail was suppressing them) and no longer times out for very large mailboxes.
- The Software Update… feature is better at explaining what you can do if installation fails.
- Adjusted the way the Purchase… window displays the remaining demo time to try to make it clearer.
- Improved the reporting of file permissions errors and damaged sound files.
- Improved the handling of localized strings when the application is damaged.
- Fixed a bug where the release notes in the Software Update… window were shown in the wrong font.
- Fixed a bug where SpamSieve would auto-train even if you had unchecked all of the filters.
- Updated the Dutch, Japanese, and Spanish localizations.
- If you would like to help keep SpamSieve’s Japanese localization up-to-date, please contact email@example.com.
SpamSieve 2.9.15 works with Mac OS X 10.6 through 10.9 and requires an e-mail client. Older versions are available for older operating systems. For information about previous releases of SpamSieve, please see the version history.