The following was posted on the SpamSieve blog:
Version 2.9.23 of SpamSieve is now available. This is a free update that includes the following changes:
- Works with Apple Mail under Mac OS X 10.11.2. It’s easiest if you update to SpamSieve 2.9.23 before updating to 10.11.2. In any case, if you don’t see the SpamSieve commands in Apple Mail’s Message
menu, be sure to choose Install Apple Mail Plug-In from the SpamSieve menu. Otherwise, with the SpamSieve plug-in not installed, Mail will move good messages to the spam mailbox without consulting SpamSieve. - Made a variety of changes to work around a bug in Mac OS X 10.11 in which (in rares cases) the system would start to launch SpamSieve but not load any of its code, leaving it stuck in a partially launched state. This would particularly happen if Mail itself was auto-launched by the system after your Mac booted. This could lead to Apple Mail hanging (while waiting for SpamSieve), spam messages left in the inbox (because the Mail plug-in was forced to assume they were good), and high Mail memory use. SpamSieve’s launch agent now tries to detect this situation and quit the stuck SpamSieve process, allowing it to relaunch normally. If this is unsuccessful, the Mail plug-in will report an error explaining what is going on and how you can manually fix it.
- The Apple Mail - Server Junk Mailbox script can now move the spams to per-account spam mailboxes, has better error reporting, and has an option to enable debug logging.
- The Apple Mail - SaneBox script now has an option to enable debug logging.
- Made some improvements to the statistics database to be more resilient to errors and also report them better.
- SpamSieve is better at handling errors if it gets disconnected from Apple Mail in the middle of processing a message.
- SpamSieve will no longer try to use Apple Mail’s background activity count scripting property on Mac OS X 10.11 because it’s known to be broken. This will reduce unnecessary error logging to Console.
- SpamSieve no longer creates an App Store Receipts folder, since it would always be empty.
- Updated code for Xcode 7.1.
- Fixed the size of the distribution disk image window.
- Worked around a Finder bug that could cause the disk image’s icons to be misaligned if the AppleShowAllFiles option was enabled.