The following was posted on the SpamSieve blog:
Version 2.9.31 of SpamSieve is now available. This is a free update that includes the following changes:
- Made various changes to improve SpamSieve’s filtering accuracy.
- Fixed a database bug that could cause SpamSieve to crash when processing a particular type of spam message containing garbage Unicode characters in the subject.
- Outlook - Filter Mailboxes now checks for new inbox messages every 1 minute by default (instead of 5), is more efficient, and is able to filter inboxes with localized names that were previously ignored.
- Updated the Requirements and Setting Up Postbox sections of the manual. Postbox 6 no longer supports plug-ins, so we recommend continuing to use Postbox 5 for the time being or using the Apple Mail drone setup in the background.
- The Outlook sections of the manual have been renamed to Setting Up Outlook 365 and Setting Up Outlook 2011 for clarity.
- Improved the following sections of the manual:
- Worked around a bug in macOS 10.13 that could cause an internal error at launch when resolving an alias.
- The Apple Mail - Discard Spam script is better able to work around Mail slowness that could leave spam messages stranded in the trash.
- Diagnostic reports now include more information about localizations and SpamSieve helper processes.
- Made various minor code updates.
- Fixed a crash reporter bug that could prevent some information from being logged.
SpamSieve 2.9.31 works with macOS 10.7 through 10.13 and requires an e-mail client. Older versions are available for older operating systems. For information about previous releases of SpamSieve, please see the version history.