The following was posted on the SpamSieve blog:
Version 2.9.36 of SpamSieve is now available.
Save time by adding powerful spam filtering to the e-mail client on your Mac. SpamSieve gives you back your inbox, using Bayesian spam filtering to provide amazing accuracy that’s constantly improving. SpamSieve learns and adapts to your mail, so it’s able to block nearly all the junk—without putting good messages in the spam mailbox. It’s quick and easy to control SpamSieve from within Apple Mail, Airmail, Entourage, MailMate, Mailsmith, Outlook, Postbox 5, PowerMail, and more.
SpamSieve protects your privacy. It does not need access to your mail account login and does not transmit your mail data anywhere. All the processing is done on your Mac.
This is a free update that includes the following changes:
- Made various changes to improve SpamSieve’s filtering accuracy.
- When using Outlook 365, you can now use Outlook rules to organize messages into folders, and SpamSieve will filter them (rather than just the messages in the inbox). The details for how to set this up are in Filtering Other Folders in the Setting Up Outlook 365 section of the manual. (This has always worked automatically, with no special setup, in previous versions of Outlook and in Apple Mail.)
- After you manually refilter messages in Outlook, SpamSieve now clears the selection to prevent accidental bulk training when correcting a spam message that remains.
- Fixed a problem where some Apple Mail messages that were colored as spam still displayed with white text in Dark Mode, which was difficult to read.
- Improved the following sections of the manual:
- If SpamSieve encounters an error because your Mac’s storage is full, it now displays information about the free space available and recommends Apple’s guide to freeing up storage space.
- SpamSieve reports a more useful error message if it determines that the reason its application package is damaged is because it’s running from a Carbon Copy Cloner safety net.
- Improved the error message when uninstalling the Apple Mail plug-in if SpamSieve hasn’t been granted Full Disk Access.
- Improved the error message when SpamSieve doesn’t have access to your Contacts.
- Worked around a problem where asking Apple Mail for the list of mailboxes could cause it to hang at launch.
- When training a good message in Apple Mail, if SpamSieve can’t find the proper inbox it logs more information to help figure out what happened.
- Fixed a bug displaying the number of licenses in the Purchase window.
- Fixed a bug where debug logging of messages that caused parser crashes wasn’t working with Apple Mail.
- The diagnostic report now includes information about when the privacy database was last reset.
- Diagnostic reports now work better when SpamSieve lacks Full Disk Access.
- Updated to Xcode 10.2.
SpamSieve 2.9.36 works with macOS 10.7 through 10.14 and requires an e-mail client. Older versions are available for older operating systems. For information about previous releases of SpamSieve, please see the version history.