SpamSieve 2.9.50

Version 2.9.50 of SpamSieve is now available.

This is a free update that includes the following changes:

• Made various changes to improve SpamSieve’s filtering accuracy.
  • Fixed an issue where, on macOS 12.5, sometimes Mail would move e-mails received immediately after launch to the Junk mailbox without asking SpamSieve whether they were spam.
  • Fixed an issue where, on macOS 12.5, sometimes SpamSieve would disable its Apple Mail rules because it looked like Mail hadn’t loaded the plug-in, but actually Mail was just slow to launch.
  • Made a change to prevent potential problems setting up the Message menu in Apple Mail on future versions of macOS 13 Ventura.
  • Fixed a bug where SpamSieve could incorrectly report that another copy of the Apple Mail plug-in was installed in the wrong place, when that copy might be necessary for another macOS user account on a different volume.
  • Fixed a bug that in rare cases could prevent SpamSieve from detecting that two copies of the Apple Mail plug-in were loaded at the same time.
  • SpamSieve is better at handling damaged rules files.
  • Reduced the size of the app by removing a helper tool that was only necessary for Apple Mail on macOS 10.7, which is no longer supported.

SpamSieve 2.9.50 works with macOS 10.9 through macOS 13 and requires an e-mail client. Older SpamSieve versions are available for older versions of macOS. In-depth information about SpamSieve is available in the manual.

FYI, after the updater opened SpamSieve 2.9.50 (from the reopen dialog) and I launched Mail, I got the unloaded-plugin dialog one more time, but it was loaded (at least after I relaunched Mail per instructions) and works fine. Additional Mail launches work find with no dialog.