Version 2.9.52 of SpamSieve is now available.
This is a free update that includes the following changes:
- Added support for Apple Mail on the forthcoming macOS 13.3. We recommend updating SpamSieve before updating macOS. SpamSieve 2.9.52 should automatically update the installed version of its Apple Mail plug-in, and the plug-in should stay enabled. However, if you don’t see the SpamSieve commands in Apple Mail’s Message menu, be sure to choose Install Apple Mail Plug-In from the SpamSieve menu and to enable the plug-in.
- Made various changes to improve SpamSieve’s filtering accuracy.
- If you are using Apple Mail on macOS 13, we recommend going to Mail ‣ Settings ‣ Accounts ‣ Account Information and setting Download Attachments to All for each account. This can work around a Mail bug that causes a hang when training a message.
- Added an experimental workaround for an issue on macOS 13 that could cause Apple Mail to take a long time to launch. For information on how to enable the workaround, please see the If Apple Mail Is Running Slowly section of the manual.
- Improved the speed of filtering the first message after SpamSieve launches.
- Added the following sections of the manual:
- Improved the following sections of the manual:
- Improved the error reporting for the Apple Mail plug-in installer.
SpamSieve 2.9.52 works with macOS 10.13 through macOS 13 and requires an e-mail client. Older SpamSieve versions are available for older versions of macOS. In-depth information about SpamSieve is available in the manual.