The following was posted on the SpamSieve blog:
Version 2.9.9 of SpamSieve is now available. This is a free update that includes the following changes:
- SpamSieve is now compatible with the GM build of Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks. It is recommended that you update to SpamSieve 2.9.9 before installing Mavericks. If you’ve updated to Mavericks first, and you don’t see the SpamSieve commands in Apple Mail’s Message
menu, be sure to choose Install Apple Mail Plug-In from the SpamSieve menu.
- Made various changes to improve SpamSieve’s filtering accuracy.
- Microsoft Outlook 2011’s notification sounds are now available in SpamSieve’s Notification preferences.
- Added the Apple Mail - Server Junk Mailbox script. When it’s not possible to turn off a server-side junk filter (e.g. iCloud’s), this lets SpamSieve save you from mistakes that the server junk filter made by moving any messages that SpamSieve thinks are good back to the inbox. It will also consolidate the spam messages from all the accounts into a single spam mailbox (the same one where SpamSieve is already putting your spam).
- Can now repair the ownership and permissions of the SpamSieve and Apple Mail preferences files if needed. This fixes problems where SpamSieve would lose its registration information or Apple Mail wouldn’t show the SpamSieve menu commands.
- Fixed some problems where the Open Window
command in Apple Mail was not available or did not always open the specified window.
SpamSieve 2.9.9 works with Mac OS X 10.5 through 10.9 and requires an e-mail client. Older versions are available for older operating systems. For information about previous releases of SpamSieve, please see the version history.