Spamsieve 3.0.1 Not working

So I am currently demoing Spamsieve 3.0.1 but it is just not working. I followed the instructions for properly setting it up but when training a message as Spam it doesn’t move it to Junk mailbox and when training it as good (when in Junk/Spam) it doesn’t move it back to mailbox. I don’t believe the Mail extension is working at all right now, even though it is enabled. Selecting to filter other mailboxes does nothing, and yes I do have the Junk mailboxes setup to use the server in Mail/Accounts.

Please go to the Window menu and choose Log to open SpamSieve’s Log window. Is it reporting any errors or showing that it did anything when you train messages or if you click Filter Now?

No errors are showing in the Log Window.

You seem to be saying that nothing is happening, and nothing is shown in the log, either, which I’ve never heard of before. Please use the Save Diagnostic Report command in the Help menu and send me the report file, as described here, and I’ll try to figure out what’s going on on your Mac.

Ok will send the log. The Log shows that the message was successfully trained as good or spam (no errors) but Spamsieve doesn’t actually move the message.

Sent.

Thanks for sending the report. It seems like you are training the messages from within the Corpus or Log window in SpamSieve. The settings here:

for what to do when training a message only apply when you are training from within Apple Mail, i.e. you select a message in the Mail window and then train from one of these menus:

Are you running Apple Mail? In the log, it looks like you were receiving and training messages from MailMate.

It looks like you currently have this turned off and didn’t select any mailboxes.

Did you try the Filter Now button?

Blockquote
Thanks for sending the report. It seems like you are training the messages from within the Corpus or Log window in SpamSieve. The settings here:

Correct. I thought training from the corpus would do the same thing as training from the menu icon or right clicking on the dock icon. Upon using menu or dock icon menus it does work as intended.

Blockquote
Are you running Apple Mail? In the log, it looks like you were receiving and training messages from MailMate.

Yes I opened Mailmate to test if it worked with Spamsieve.

Blockquote
It looks like you currently have this turned off and didn’t select any mailboxes.
Did you try the Filter Now button?

Documentation seems to state that Filter spam messages in other mail boxes isn’t needed by default. But regardless no need anymore as this issue doesn’t happen if I don’t use the corpus to train messages.

Is it just me or is it un-intuitive that training via corpus does something different then using dock/menu icon menus?

OK. It’s fine to use both at once. I was just confused because you were asking about Apple Mail and then I saw MailMate.

That’s correct. I only mentioned it because you said it didn’t work.

So all is good now? I thought you were saying there was a filtering problem because you said the Mail extension wasn’t working.

I’m probably not the right person to ask. It’s intuitive to me because I know that the Corpus window operates on message data that SpamSieve has already stored and which is no longer connected to the message that’s stored in the mail client.

I don’t think anyone else has commented on this difference before. Training from the Corpus window is new in 3.0.

A post was split to a new topic: Messages in Apple Mail not moving