SpamSieve 3.0.2b5 Public Beta

Here’s a new beta version of SpamSieve. The changes are:

• Tried to work around an issue where Apple Mail could be slow when using fast filtering if it hadn’t yet fully downloaded a message.
  • Work around a Core Data bug that could cause a crash when saving the corpus.
  • Updated the Danish, Dutch, French, Japanese, and Spanish localizations.

If you have not installed a beta version of SpamSieve before, first click here to enter the beta key. Thereafter, you can just launch SpamSieve or choose Software Update from the SpamSieve menu to auto-install the beta. SpamSieve will also notify you about future betas automatically. You can click here to stop receiving in-app notifications of beta versions.

Just did a direct download of the “b5” beta, and so far CPU use is now normal (fingers crossed…). For the last few weeks with the latest Sonoma beta, I thought that the Apple mail app was in itself using much higher than normal CPU, but narrowed it down to spamsieve. Thanks for the new Betas, any problems, I’ll let you know. I know Apple has been changing lots with Sonoma. Falls under the category of "as soon as you know, the answer, they change the question ".:-).

SpamSieve 3.0.2 is now released, so I recommend updating from the beta version.