SpamSieve 3.0.3 is a free update for those who have already purchased the SpamSieve 3.0 upgrade. If you’re using SpamSieve 2 and haven’t upgraded yet, the easiest way is to first let SpamSieve install the new version. At launch, it will show the Purchase window, and you can click the Check Upgrade Options button to get the upgrade discount without having to enter your old serial number.
Normally, SpamSieve will automatically offer to update you to the new version. There are also instructions for updating on this page. SpamSieve 3.0.3 is compatible with macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) through macOS 14 (Sonoma) and is recommended for all customers using those versions of macOS. Older versions are also available for macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and earlier.
The changes in this version are:
- Apple Mail
- Fixed a problem where, with certain unusual account configurations, SpamSieve would not see the new messages that needed to be filtered, so they would stay in the inbox.
- SpamSieve is better able to continue filtering messages when Mail is temporarily unable to look up account information.
- Worked around a macOS bug that could cause Mail to hang if it was preparing to send a message to the SpamSieve Mail extension while SpamSieve was filtering another mailbox.
- Improved the Filter spam messages in other mailboxes feature:
- Added a safety feature where SpamSieve will no longer filter messages that were received before SpamSieve was installed or before this feature was activated, to avoid reprocessing lots of old messages that happen to still be marked as unread.
- The checkboxes in the mailbox list for TrainGood and TrainSpam are now disabled, as these mailboxes should not be selected for filtering.
- SpamSieve is now able to continue finding mailboxes to list even if Mail returns invalid information for some of them.
- Fixed a bug where the Settings ‣ Apple Mail ‣ Training window could be out-of-sync with the stored settings that SpamSieve was using, leading to trained messages not moving where you expected.
- Removed the Including in the inbox setting. The Add green flag to unread good messages setting now controls the green flags for all mailboxes.
- Improved the error handling when reading the selected messages.
- Improved the error handling when reading the inboxes.
- Worked around a macOS bug that could cause a crash when updating the Dock icon.
- Worked around a macOS bug that could cause SpamSieve to hang at launch or when opening the Settings window.
- The Print… command is now disabled for large table views, as it would overload the macOS printing system and cause a hang.
- Improved the following sections of the manual (amongst others):
- Fixed a bug where a damaged corpus database could cause a crash.
- Fixed a bug where the hotkeys didn’t work with certain keyboard layouts.
- Fixed a bug reporting errors during Outlook filtering.
- Worked around a Core Data bug that could cause a crash.
- Updated the German localization.