SpamSieve and Stubborn Spam I continue to receive
I have been using SpamSieve for a long time. I think I started in 2004 or 2005. I like the program, but in the last few years I continue to “train” it to recognize spam, but my mailbox is still littered with this junk. How can a stop it? I use Apple Mail (11.5) with SpamSieve (2.9.32).
I am afraid that if I use the unsubscribe option in these emails I will get even more spam.
Here is a brief selection of the spam I received in the six days that SpamSieve failed to catch:
• SnoreBGone: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Artic Blast: email@example.com
• Cruise Concierge: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Key Bank: email@example.com
• Medicare Matchup: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Life Line Screening partners: email@example.com
• Amazon (This is a phising email): firstname.lastname@example.org
• Loan Advisor: email@example.com
• CreditID123: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Colombano: email@example.com
• HARP Exension 2018: firstname.lastname@example.org
• National Family Life: email@example.com
• Transformation Insider: X1Pcyp@ZaPDLFw.mogulforagiftcutes.com
I could go on. But, given the odd email addresses these senders are using, why is it so difficult to write code that will stop this assault on people’s privacy?