Spamsieve and the Email Spam Bomb

Three weeks ago I started getting 2000-3000 emails per day. They came from all over, Russia, Israel… everywhere. A bomb. It was overwhelming and I went on the web to see how to stop it. It was amazing that I could find no real advice that would let me keep my same email address and details. So I checked Spamsieve, I’ve used for years, and adjusted it to take out as as much of the crap as possible. What I don’t understand is why, after 2 weeks I still get the same messages, over and over. I have taken the time to go through the lists, highlight the offending messages, designate them as bad in SS, etc. There are less messages, about 600 per day, but I don’t seem to be able to get those to go away. I must be doing something wrong.

Unfortunately, once your e-mail address is on a list, there’s no way to remove it.

Are the messages in your inbox or Spam mailbox? SpamSieve is designed to automatically move the spams out of your inbox, but it can’t prevent the messages from being sent to you in the first place.