I’m a Mac user. System info: Mac Pro (Mid 2010), OS X El Capitan (10.11.5).
I just bought SpamSieve, and:
- Quit Mail;
- Did a standard installation of the Apple Mail Plug-In per directions in Help 3.1;
- Re-launched Mail;
- Created a new folder “Spam” in location “On My Mac”;
- Added the new SpamSieve rule per Help 3.1;
- Eliminated all previous Rules except “Not in my address book,” which I unchecked;
- Dragged the SpamSieve rule to the top of the list.
- When I use the Message > Train as Spam function, Mail DOES NOT MOVE THE MESSAGE TO THE SPAM FILTER. At all. It’s not slow; it doesn’t do it at all.
- When I use the Message > Train as Spam function, Mail marks the message as “Junk”!
What the hell? The reason I bought SpamSieve was to create a mailbox for things that are obvious malware, that I and any human can recognize as such, but that Mail cannot because of its inherent stupidity. So tell me again: What is the value SpamSieve is adding if I have to go into the Junk folder, mark the obvious malware as Spam, and then watch it continue to sit in the Junk folder? Please tell me A) What I’m doing wrong, and B) Where the documentation shows how not to do it.