SpamSieve hasn't worked yet

Greetings,

I don’t know what to do next. I cannot get SpamSieve to start working, that is catch spam messages on its own.
I have installed it at least twice with an uninstall in between.
SpamSieve does launch every time I start Apple Mail.
The plugin appears to have installed (even though I activated the “install plug-in” command numerous times).
I am able to train the good and bad messages (see statistics).
But as of yet not one spam message has been caught by SpamSieve and moved to the Spam folder.
I’m incredulous. What’s up?

I am using a mid 2012 MacBook Pro 13" running OS-X 10.8.2 with 8 GB ram.
I’ve also double checked that I am running the latest version of SpamSieve 2.9.5

Thank you,

Jeff Hands

Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 9.05.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 9.19.54 PM.png

It looks like there may be a problem with your rule in Apple Mail. Please see Checking the Apple Mail Setup.

I’m still stumped

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

As you can see with the attached screenshots, I have junk filtering off and no rules activated.

There is one odd thing though… My iCloud account is intercepting junk mail even though it’s not activated in my Mail program or account.
I have called Apple iCloud support on this issue and they said that if I’ve deactivated filter junk mail and not added any rules that there should be no reason that it is intercepting my junk mails (but it is).

Is there a hidden preference in the Library that I have to delete? Do I need to make an appointment at the Genius Bar? Seems like this is an Apple problem.
Do you think it might be as easy as just deleting the Junk folder from my iCloud account within my Mail program? (3rd screenshot).

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 10.41.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 10.40.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 10.43.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 10.50.46 PM.png

That’s a problem, since Step 3 of the instructions says to create a SpamSieve rule.

Apple support is wrong. iCloud always filters junk mail (at the server level) and there is no way to turn this off.