SpamSieve is crap

SpamSieve sucks. Paid for it a year ago and it does nothing. The instructions are not helpful. The product is a scam.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that you haven’t gotten it working. Please use the Save Diagnostic Report command in the Help menu and send me the report file, as described here, and I’ll take a look at where the problem is and help you finish the installation.

Mine works great!!! If I have a problem Michael gets it corrected very quickly and efficiently!

2 Likes

I am totally surprised at your situation.

I have had SpamSieve for longer than I can remember as does my wife.

Our whole Apple Mail system relies on it and I catch an average of 25 Spam Mails per day.

We also have SpamAssassin running on the Mail Server, however SpamSieve is easier to use because we can set it up at the client end.

It was simple to setup but of course we use Apple Mail.

I have to admit that the instructions to set up Outlook are quite complex and would wish for some improvement there.

D

Working on it!

Thank you for your response. I got someone to help me with it and got it to work.Regards, George Sarkisian

1 Like

This is all much easier in SpamSieve 3. Unless you have a large number of messages in your inbox, you can enable filtering in Outlook just by clicking one button:

Already beat you to it :slight_smile:

I upgraded the minute SpamSieve gave me the notification. I do not 100% like the integration change “without plugin”, however that is not on you, but rather Apple.

Thanks again for all the amazing work.

D

i am a little embarrassed to tell this story but i do so for any other dimwitted n00bs out there.

TL;DR : if you use mailmate (and possibly other email software) don’t forget to enable spamsieve (in preferences->security)

i bought spamsieve more than a year ago when the spam was driving me crazy and installed it but obviously didn’t read the instructions properly or i am not very smart or both and i thought well that was a waste of money, it doesn’t actually seem to make any difference to my spam! and promptly forgot about it, but the other day when the message came from michael about version 3 after thinking ha! you must be joking if you think i am wasting any more money on this piece of crap — finally looked at the statistics filter->statistics and saw that spamsieve wasn’t actually doing anything and started randomly clicking around (this is how i use computers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: i realise this is not the most efficient way) and discovered said unchecked check box ‘enable spamsieve’ (in mailmate->preferences->security)

so my humble apologies to michael and to my friends and family. spamsieve is now working its butt off and it’s awesome (provided you have enabled it in your email programme ha ha).

1 Like

My first post here. My experiences with Spam Sieve have been excellent; I estimate that SS captures about 75% of the spam we get here, and the keyboard commands take care of the rest. I like the notes to contributors here, too (we have a similar set of recommendations on our forums). If this is not the best place for these discursive remarks, please move to a better place.