SpamSieve Public Beta and macOS 10.15 Catalina

Not working with Catalina 10.15 (19A526h)
After downloading and installing 2.9.37b1, I get this message when trying to choose SpamSieve.mailbundle in Mail preferences:

Incompatible Plug-ins Disabled

Mail has disabled the following plug-ins:

SpamSieve.mailbundle

Contact the makers of these plug-ins for versions that are compatible with Mail 13.0.

Please update to 2.9.37b3 and then choose “Install Apple Mail Plug-In” from the SpamSieve menu.

How to get beta?
It seems very hard to find the beta you refer to (2.9.37b2). How do I get it?

Never mind
As soon as I posted the last note, I got an offer to update to 2.9.37b2.

Still can’t install
Trying to install, get this message: “SpamSieve was unable to open the file ‘SpamSieve-2.9.37b3.dmg’. Please click Check Now and try again, or go to <https://c-command.com> to download the update yourself.”

You can sign up for the beta at the top of this thread.

Because SpamSieve 2.9.36’s Software Update “Download & Install” command doesn’t work on macOS 10.15, it’s best to update to the beta version of SpamSieve before installing the macOS 10.15 beta on your Mac. You can also click the “Download” button and do the install manually, according to the instructions in the Read Me file.

Beta 4 causing Mail to crash?
Since updating to SpamSieve 2.9.37b4 I have been getting multiple random crashes. I can’t say it’s SS causing it for sure, but it lines up with my updating of the plugin. Anyone else having issues?

I’ve not heard other reports of this. Please send in the crash reports.

How Do I Obtain The Beta directly from your website?
The Update function cannot open the beta and says to download it directly from your site. I am using the developer Beta of Catalina.

Please see the note at the top of this thread.

Deleting Spam identified by SpamSieve
It appears i am having a lot of difficulty in deleting my emails that have been identified by SpamSieve as spam. First the apple script fails to work failing on an error code or time out of an event. Second, when I attempt to delete these emails directly, they seem to delete but in all cases they return to my deleted folder. I can’t delete from the SpamSieve folder, I can’t deleted from my Trash folder, I can’t delete from my Junk folder. I am on the latest version of DiscardSpam apple script and on the beta version of SpamSieve, and the Beta Version of Apple MacOS Catalina.

Prior to this, I had to turn off SpamSieve, delete the messages manually, then turn it on again. Once, I had to uninstall SpamSieve, then reinstall.

Any suggestions?

Please submit technical support questions via e-mail, rather than posting here. Please include information about the error codes/messages from the AppleScript, how many messages were in the Spam mailbox at the time, etc.

However, since you’re also having trouble directly deleting messages using Mail, it sounds like a Catalina bug that you should report to Apple. SpamSieve doesn’t have any impact on operations that you do manually in Mail.

macOS 10.15 Catalina has been released, and the latest compatibility information is available here.

Have a sense for timing on a Big Sur beta yet?

Not yet. When the beta is ready, I’ll post about it in this topic.