SpamSieve Public Beta and macOS 14 Sonoma

Volunteering for the beta. Running the MacOS 14 developer beta.

Highly encouraging post on the longterm viability of SpamSieve. This was my second question that I was going to ask as I had read that Apple had announced the Mail plugin architecture change at WWDC 23. Great that you proactively have been preparing and made your announcement on this forum. Highly Professional! TY.

I am already using Sonomaā€¦ I can be a Beta Tester, promise send as much feedback needed.

thanks for this info - with my two Mac now both on Sonoma I effectively cannot use SpamSieve anymore. Kindly include me if / when you can into the SpamSieve Beta.

@Michael_Tsai

Iā€™d love to test the SpamSieve beta on macOS 14. As an experienced software tester who knows how to test stuff the right way, Iā€™m skilled at checking that software works how it should and is easy to use.

Testing is my thing - Iā€™ve tested software throughout the development process. Iā€™ve made test plans, designed test cases, and performed manual and automated tests to make sure tech solutions meet needs. Iā€™ve used tools like Appium, Spectacle, Jira, Selenium and Postman to improve testing, logging issues, and reporting. I write scripts to reproduce bugs and give detailed defect reports to help developers fix problems and make software work better.

For the SpamSieve beta, Iā€™d systematically test the mail extension and new features to find bugs, compatibility issues, performance problems and security flaws. With experience testing prerelease OSes and email clients, Iā€™d thoroughly check SpamSieveā€™s features and integration across different environments. Since I know stuff about spam filtering, email, and Apple design, I can provide good feedback to improve quality, reliability and the user experience.

My testing background, skills, and excitement for your product would let me meaningfully help with the private beta. Iā€™d really appreciate the chance to work with you and rigorously test the new SpamSieve. Let me know if you want to know more about my qualifications and experience.

Neeko

I greatly appreciate your efforts, Iā€™ve enjoyed your product for years.

Appleā€™s decision is going to do three things at our small office. One, delay the adoption of Sonoma indefinitely, we canā€™t break workflow on such a critical app as email. Two, take a much harder look at third party email clients including SmallCubedā€™s upcoming Maven (see if you can work with them) as we use their products. Finally and most importantly if all else fails for SpamSieve we will purchase a new Mac Mini and freeze it at MacOS 13 as a means of using remote training on my mail.
Again thanks for the great app!

Please add me to your beta list; thanks!

running Sonoma on an M1 Max MacBook Pro with TestFlight ready to go, however you do your betas

Whatā€™s the best way handle the time to public beta? Should I uninstall SpamSieve in Sonoma or just ignore it? I did change the flag to be notified for Beta. Thanks for an excellent product.

Thereā€™s no harm leaving it installed. Itā€™s also possible to use SpamSieve with Sonoma using an alternate setup:

1. To filtering incoming messages, set up the Apple Mail Script Rule.
  2. To train messages, move them into the special TrainSpam or TrainGood mailboxes.

I would be very interested in the beta as well!

Please add me to beta list. Thanks!

I would very much like to be in the private beta

Please add me to the list of beta testers. Thanks!

Please add me to beta list. Thanks a lot!

Hi Michael.
I run Sonoma developers beta Please include me in your private beta testers group of SpamSieve. Thank you

Got the email, but it ended up in Junk. Finally found it.

Available if you need private beta testers

Would like to try the beta. Running a business from my computer gets me a lot of spam and the program has been a lifesaver. Using the Sonoma developer beta on the computer and can help out if wanted. Thank you.

Would be happy to join the beta on this, although the Mail Script method is working well enough - thanks for posting that!