SpamSieve sends spam to two different folders

SpamSieve sends spam to two different folders. Most spam goes to the junk folder on my IMAP account which is where I directed it to go.
However sometimes it will send spam to a separate spam folder on the same IMAP account. sometimes they are both from the same source.
I cannot distinguish why this happens.
Hopefully someone can help
thankyou
jac

If you’re using Apple Mail, there are separate settings for where SpamSieve automatically moves incoming spam messages (normally to Junk, but if you’re using the SpamSieve plug-in you might have a different location set in the Mail rule) and where it moves spam messages when you manually train them (configured in Settings ‣ Apple Mail ‣ Training). So make sure both of those are set to the same location if that’s what you want.

Also, you may have a server junk filter that’s moving some spam messages to its own location. This typically cannot be changed, but you can configure Mail to display whichever mailbox the server filter is using as the special Junk mailbox. So then if you have SpamSieve also set to use Junk they will both put the spam in the same place.

I am using Apple Mail, however do not have any locations set in the Mail Rule.
My phone does have a [server junk filter but it is moving some spam messages to its own location which is the junk folder on my IMAP account.
I did delete the SPAM folder on my IMAP account to see if that helps.
Will see if this helps.
thank you
jac

OK, the other possibilities are if you have a non-SpamSieve rule in Mail or on another Mac that’s moving message to Spam.