SpamSieve thinks it's just installed on every Apple Mail start

SpamSieve thinks it’s newly installed on every Apple Mail start - corpus is still there.

Intel iMac - MacOS 13.5.1

If you open the Statistics window, how many good and spam messages does it say are in the corpus before quitting and after relaunching SpamSieve?

Thanks for your response: Here are the stats:
Filtered Mail
133,640 Good Messages
214 Spam Messages (0%)
0 Spam Messages Per Day

SpamSieve Accuracy
6 False Positives
8 False Negatives (57%)
100.0% Correct

Corpus
187 Good Messages
0 Spam Messages (0%)

36,539 Total Words

Rules
44 Blocklist Rules
104,018 Whitelist Rules

Showing Statistics Since
3/29/19, 5:21 PM

If I Show the Corpus, it shows 0 spam entries, yet it did a few days ago (only a few),

SpamSieve shows the Welcome window and help if you have not trained it with at least one good message and one spam message. If there were some spam messages shown before, it sounds like either the file was deleted or a file permissions problem prevented it from being saved. You could restore the file /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/SpamSieve/Corpus.corpus from backup, if applicable, or send in a diagnostic report so I can check the file permissions.

Thanks for your reply. I retrieved an archived corpus and replaced the current one - the retrieved one has many good - bad entries, and all seems OK now.

Thank you for your help. I have been a SpamSieve user for many, many years, and depend on it. Thank you.

Frank Miller

1 Like