Strange behavior in Mojave

I am using Spamsieve 2.9.38, Mail 12.4 and OSX 10.14.6
Since updating to this version of Spamsieve I find many messages marked as Spam, without the images etc. but in my inbox
Also now I get the mails Apple thinks are spam in a Junk box under “mailboxes”. These messages used to be under icloud. they used to be black, now they are a light brown. I understand this is now related to Spamsieve
I have not modified my rules nor my preferencia

Thank you

Could you clarify what you mean by “messages marked as Spam”? Are you referring to the SpamSieve coloring of the background (not text) in the message list? Please check your SpamSieve rule in Mail to make sure it’s active and that it’s set to move the messages to the desired mailbox.

If they’re under Mailboxes, they were not caught by a server junk filter. So you should be able to stop this by turning off Mail’s own junk filter (Step 8).

SpamSieve doesn’t change your preferences, either, so I don’t know what caused this.

Some messages stay in inbox, others go to the Spam mailbox.
The first was in the inbox, the second in the Spam mailbox
The SpamSieve rule says “move everything to the Spam mailbox”

I followed “Step 8” to turn Mail’s own junk filter off. It was enabled, but now Smallcubed Mail Perspectives no longer shows a badge with number of unread mails

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 6.29.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 6.28.37 PM.png

It’s not clear from these screenshots whether SpamSieve thought the messages were spam. Normally, the ones it thinks are spam would be colored in the message list and moved to the Spam mailbox. There are some situations where messages might not be moved—see here. You can check SpamSieve’s log to see whether it predicted the messages to be spam. If it didn’t, of course it’s normal for the messages not to be moved.

Even with Mail’s junk filter off, it’s normal for Mail to show the yellow banner saying whether a message has been marked or classified as junk. I would not expect this to affect Mail Perspectives, but you could ask SmallCubed about that.