Switching from Spam to Junk mailboxes

I am trying to switch my SpamSieve setup from Spam mailboxes on my Mac to Junk mailboxes on the servers.
I’m using Big Sur 11.6.1, Mail 14 and have many mail accounts on different servers. Some mailboxes have a Junk mailbox (iCloud and multiple gmail accounts), some a Spam mailbox (those that use a personal domain name on a server that is neither iCloud nor gmail).

There is no “All Junk” box.

If I add the iCloud Junk mailbox and a gmail Junk mailbox to Favorites, I get two different boxes: “Junk - iCloud” and “Junk - gmail ACCOUNTNAME”.

Also, the three mailboxes that SpamSieve uses SpamSieve [Score], SpamSieve [Blue][Gray], SpamSieve [Purple][Red][Orange][Yellow] all send the spam to Spam mailboxes on my Mac. Will I have to create these three boxes for each account?

I do know that I can keep the setup as it is, but I like the idea of seeing my mail without spam on my laptop and iOS devices. And it seems like future versions of Mail will make it necessary to make the switch anyway.

Thanks for any help.

You should only be seeing Junk on your Mac, regardless of what the mailbox names are on the server. It sounds like you don’t have all the accounts mapped properly. Please see this page.

You can add All Junk to the Favorites section of Mail’s sidebar by clicking the + button.

What problem are you trying to solve?

If the old setup was working for you, you already were not seeing spam in the inboxes of your other devices. Are you proposing the changes because you want to see the Spam/Junk mailbox on those devices, too?

Thanks for your response, Michael.

I started to follow your advice and rapidly realized that I will have to take a good look at all my mailbox settings and that this will be no small task. So, since my setup is working fine I’ll follow the good old saying for the time being: “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

I’ll get back when it breaks…

Sounds good to me.