Today SpamSieve stopped launching with Apple Mail. What should I do?

Some system info:

OS X 10.9.2
Apple Mail 7.2 (1874)
SpamSieve 2.9.14

Been on those versions for a while, and have been (successfully!) using SpamSieve for several months. The 2.9.14 SpamSieve update was the most recent change. But that was a week or two ago.

However, starting this morning SpamSieve isn’t automatically launching when I open Apple Mail. That results in a bunch of spam in my inbox. After I manually open SpamSieve and select the Apple Mail Apply Rules command, then everything appears to work.

I poked around the forums, FAQ, and user manual but didn’t find info on how to resolve this problem (could be an oversight on my part). So I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

What can I do to ensure that SpamSieve automatically opens when I launch Apple Mail?

Thanks!

Jim

Please check the Console for errors when you launch Mail. It may help to reinstall SpamSieve’s Apple Mail plug-in and restart your Mac, as that will refresh the launch agent that starts up SpamSieve when Mail opens.

Looks like things are OK now. And it looks like I now know what to do if this happens again. So thanks!