“Train as good” doesn’t work anymore

I’m on an old MacPro (2013) and have only recently (September 11) moved to Big Sur. Before that I was using Mojave.

SpamSieve (2.9.45) won’t move messages to the inbox when I “Train as Good” (using the mouse and Message menu). Nothing happens at all.

I rarely find good messages in the Spam mailboxes so I don’t know if the problem actually started with Big Sur. Probably…

I access Mail from my iPad and iPhone but mostly for reading the messages. I do have a MacBook but very rarely use it for mail. Anyway, SpamSieve is installed only on the MacPro. And it has been working fine for many years.

I have deactivated MyPoint Light. SpamSieve has Full Disk Access in System Preferences. I have not changed the names of the mailboxes.

What should I do?

Thanks for any help.

I think SpamSieve 2.9.46b1, currently in public beta, works around the Mail error that can cause this.

A post was split to a new topic: Delay when training

That is good news. However, you don’t recommend using the public betas on the main mac, so I’ll just wait till the final version of 2.9.46 comes out. No hurry. I can fix things by hand till then.

I don’t recommend using a beta version of macOS on your main Mac. The beta version of SpamSieve should be fine. This is just a small maintenance update.

Obviously, I read that post too quickly. Sorry. I have now installed SpamSieve beta. I had already moved the message that I couldn’t train previously so I’ll wait for the next one, which may take some time.

Thanks for correcting my error.