"Train as Good" is not moving messages, too

If anything, the beta should be better at this. What happens is that SpamSieve tries to match the recipients of the messages against the e-mail addresses that you’ve configured for your accounts in Mail’s preferences. If there is no exact match, it uses the first account.

This is fixed in SpamSieve 2.9.6.

I am trying to use 2.9.6 with a new Mac mini running Mountain Lion. The Mail configuration was imported to the mini using Apple’s Migration Assistant. The “Train as Good” command is not moving the message out of the Junk box. I’ve quit Mail and told SpamSieve to install the plug-in, which it appears to do successfully.

Anything else I can try?

With the normal setup, SpamSieve uses the Spam mailbox. Have you set things up differently?

Also, which Junk mailbox is the message in? Is it the one “On My Mac” or on a server?

I set this up so many years ago, I’d forgotten what the “standard” setup was.

No, I don’t use a Spam folder. I use Mail’s Junk folder. My rule says to move to Junk where that is the parent folder of all the individual account Junk folders.

The message was on a server. Each server’s Junk/Spam folder has been selected using the menu Mailbox > Use This Mailbox For > Junk.

In theory, this is the same configuration as I used in Snow Leopard and Lion. This config was migrated from Snow Leopard. Everything else, such as smart folders, signatures, and rules all migrated fine. Perhaps something got broken in the move.

I recommend that you turn off Mail’s junk mail filter and set the SpamSieve rule to move the messages to a mailbox called Spam. That will probably fix the problem.

A post was split to a new topic: “Train as Good” doesn’t move messages to inbox on Monterey