Train as Good/Spam do not work in Corpus

HI,

THe button Train as Good or Spam do not seem to work in thr corpus window.
I cannot change “Good Messages” to be clasified as Spam

What shoud I do?

Michele

What does the Summary line say in the Info tab at the bottom of the Corpus window? If it’s an old message that was imported from SpamSieve 2, it may say that full message data is not available, so it cannot be trained from SpamSieve. You would need to find the message in your e-mail client and train it from there. For messages trained with SpamSieve 3, you should be able to train from the Corpus window, too.

Thanks. I got it. It says imported from SpamSieve 2.
Is there a way to delete those messages from the corpus so they are not used going forward?

I don’t know what happened, but the amount of spam classified as such has dropped dramatically since yesterday.
Now, almost all messages are treated as good.
I turned off auto training because I’m not in the office at night or on weekends, and maybe that’s the problem (it says so in the help window).

Thanks
Michele

No, SpamSieve 2 did not store enough information to be able to remove individual messages. That’s why it’s so important to correct all the mistakes so that it isn’t working from incorrect data.

Please see this page.

Thanks.
I do not understand why, all of a sudden, overnight, it stopped filtering. Nothing goes in the Spam folder, and I checked that the extension in Mail and Settings and it is on.

Is there a way to reset it completely?

Thanks
Michele

Because there is an intermitted bug in Apple Mail where it stops sending messages to the extension.

No, once you are affected by the bug, it’s best to enable the workaround described here. You can enable the Filter spam messages in other mailboxes option and add the inboxes to the Select Mailboxes to Filter… sheet. Then SpamSieve will check the inboxes itself, to filter them without relying on the Mail extension.

Thanks,
I’m trying it with turning on the “Other mailboxes", as you said”
What does it mean in the list of mailboxes if on is in RED or in YELLOW?

I could not find it in the manual.

Thanks
Michele

It means that there are lots of messages in that mailbox, so selecting it may slow down the filtering or Mail itself. If you find that this is happening, you can speed it up by archiving some of the older messages in that mailbox to another mailbox that’s not selected for filtering.

Good to know, thanks.
One possible bug report. The color of the message is changed even if the checkbox in the settings is turned OFF.

Michele

Currently the way it works is that if the checkbox is off it uses gray for all messages, and if the checkbox is on it uses multiple colors depending on how spammy the message is. I’ve gotten some feedback about this and so am considering making off mean no coloring at all.

This is fixed in SpamSieve 3.0.1b1.

Thanks!!
Great!

SpamSieve 3.0.1b2 can now automatically filter new messages in the inbox that Mail failed to send to the Mail extension. So, in most cases, you no longer need to do anything to work around this Mail bug.

Great thanks!