trained and white listed emails getting treated as spam/junk?

So, when a person fills out the contact form on my website, it sends an email to me. I have a Rule in Entourage (based on the Subject and the To email - which are always the same) that takes the email, turns it a certain color in my Inbox, dings a bell sound. I have that Rule right below the SS Rule so that SS works first. I also have the Subject and the To email in the whitelist AND have trained as good many times.

All worked well for a long time, but it seems recently that SS 2.4.4 is taking those crucial emails and putting them in the trash (which is what I have SS do with suspected Junk and Spam)?

of all the emails I get - these are the most crucial that I do get as they are new business leads :slight_smile:

Are those whitelist rules enabled (checked)? Do you have “Use SpamSieve whitelist” checked in SpamSieve’s preferences?

The current version is 2.6.4. Please check the log to see if SpamSieve is in fact predicting these messages to be spam and, if so, why.

yes and yes

should I upgrade?

when I look at the log (Command 3) I see that every single entry listed is Trained: Good (Manual) or Trained: Spam (Manual)… am I looking at the right thing?

Yes, but using the old version probably isn’t the cause of the problem that you reported.

Yes, but it sounds like something isn’t setup properly. Please e-mail me a full report with your log file, screenshots of how you have Entourage setup, and the subjects of some of the messages in question.

Yes, but using the old version probably isn’t the cause of the problem that you reported.

Yes, but it sounds like something isn’t setup properly. Please e-mail me a full report with your log file, screenshots of how you have Entourage setup, and the subjects of some of the messages in question.

what kinds of screen shots?? of what exactly in Entourage?

The SpamSieve rule, the other rule that you mentioned, and the rules list.

has been sent

You should remove your “SpamSieve - delete” rule in Entourage. This rule doesn’t use SpamSieve at all. What it does is delete messages that Entourage’s built-in junk mail filter thinks are junk. This is probably the source of the original problem that you reported.

The only SpamSieve rule that you need is the “SpamSieve - Move If Spam” one shown here. You can use the Change Settings command to control which folder the spam messages are moved to.

I do not recommend using Entourage rules for catching spam alongside SpamSieve. This will make it difficult to determine which rules/filters are doing what, and therefore difficult to know when you need to train SpamSieve. Instead, I recommend converting any essential spam-catching rules into SpamSieve blocklist rules.

Okay… that DID make the email from my website come correctly into my inbox and have the Rule applied to it to alert me…

I also did this as well…

so, do NOT have my own spam Rules… just keep my own Rules for how I want legit emails handled (colored, sounds, moved to boxes)? For my spam rules… make them into Blocklist rules…Is this correct advice?

Right.

fair enough… I will give this al all a try and see how it goes.

just not sure how it was set up so wrong from the beginning??? but seemed to be working to me…

yep… much better now. acting as expected. thanks!