C-Command Software Forum

Training as Spam doesn't move emails, Training as good does

Hi,

I have a small but annoying problem with the spam training.

I moved to a new installation (from Catalina to Monterey) and had all kind of problems.
The corpus seams to be broken…
Also training as good/bad worked only partially, means it marked the messages correctly but did not moved them…

I did a complete fresh installation then and it did not really helped with the problem.
I googled a bit, found this forum and installed the beta version of SpamSieve…

This solved the problem with Train as good, so the messages will now be moved back.
However, Train as spam still doesn’t work.

I’m still using a local Spam folder, maybe that is the problem? I couldn’t get the All/Spam folder to work.

Any idea, what I can try to solve this?

Thanks a lot!

Could you explain what you mean by this? Are you able to open the Corpus window?

Please click this link to enable some additional debug logging. Then try training one of the messages as spam. If the the message doesn’t move, please send in a diagnostic report via e-mail so we can investigate further.

That’s a configuration that should work, so if you want to use a local folder please continue doing so.

Could you explain this more specifically? What did you do? What happened? What did you expect to happen instead?

Hi Michael,

This seams to work fine now (started fresh again, I had a lot of words in it…), just wanted to share what I already tried to fix the issue. The automatic spam filtering itself was no problem anyway, that worked perfectly the whole time.

When I used the “grouped spam folder” training did not move messages at all, with the local spam folder the training as good works (Message is set to unread again and is moved to the inbox).

The only problem remaining is that training as spam doesn’t move the message to the spam folder.

I’ll send you the diagnostic report tomorrow. Thanks a lot for your assistance!

Kind regards,

There’s a new public beta, SpamSieve 2.9.47b3, which I think may fix the problem.

After running the settings again after installing the new beta everything works!
Thanks a lot!

1 Like

This is fixed in SpamSieve 2.9.47.