Training Message As Good Doesn't Always Work

I routinely log into my bank account and they send me a verification code. Every time it gets sent, it ends up in my spam folder no matter how many times I flag it as good.

Have you checked SpamSieve’s Log window to see whether SpamSieve predicted the message to be spam? It might have been caught by your server filter instead.

Michael,

I didn’t even see the message in the log.

Then please see this page to investigate the various non-SpamSieve reasons that the messages might be going to the spam folder.

Michael,

I’ve reviewed all of the settings you referred me to. It’s not entirely clear to me when looking at messages in the junk folder as to whether SpamSieve caught it or not. Here’s what I typically see. Since this is such a minor issue (1 email from one sender), I’m not sure if it’s worth more of your valuable time.

You can tell that it wasn’t SpamSieve because the message does not say Predicted: Spam in SpamSieve’s log and because the background color in the message list is white.

If it’s only one address, maybe there is a way that you can add that to the allowlist for your mail server’s junk filter, if you can’t turn it off. The other option is to set up SpamSieve to rescue these messages.

Michael,

In the screenshot I attached, do those messages look like they were caught by SpamSieve? If not, then I’m not sure I have everything set up correctly.

No.

This page explains how you can check the setup.