I have had some speed issues with EagleFiler lately that I can’t seem to track down.
I get a spinning rainbow wheel for 1-2 seconds before basically every UI interaction. I noticed it while using the capture key, but it happens in the main app too. Clicking to open a menu, selecting a record in the record list, clicking on the title field to rename it - every mouse interaction takes a second or two before registering.
Now, I have rearranged my libraries during the spring so I don’t know whether I caused something to mess up. I have some folders cloud synced using the provider Tresorit, one library has ≈8K records and the other ≈1K so they’re not huge. Mostly files like markdown files and pdf’s.
This is what I’ve tried:
Turned off cloud sync
I thought the syncing would trip EF up, but the problem remains without it.
Rebuild the libraries
I thought there was a problem with the index after I had rearranged so many files, so I rebuilt both of the libraries. No luck.
Turn off other applications
While yes, my computer is coming of age and does not have a lot of RAM, I haven’t seen a difference in speed when many or very few apps are open
This is a fairly recent thing. EF have worked perfectly for me for many years.
I’m on a MacBook Air with MacOS 10.12.6 and EagleFiler 1.8.3