Uncertain Spam messages notification - where are they?

I have been getting “Uncertain Spam” messages of which some are Spam and some should be tagged as good. But when I check in Mail, they are nowhere - not in my Inbox and not in the Junk box or the Trash. The few that are good I would like to receive but I have no idea how to access them. Help, please?

Mac OS 10.13.6
Spam Sieve 3.0.1
Apple Mail 11.5

Mail should be moving them to whichever mailbox you selected in the SpamSieve rule:

Typically this is the Junk mailbox. Are you seeing the non-uncertain spam messages?

You can also find all the messages that SpamSieve has processed in the Log window. If you click the Uncertain Spam, notification it will take you directly to that message in the log. You can either view it there or use the Open in External Viewer command to open SpamSieve’s copy of the message in Mail, and from there you can copy it back into your inbox if you want.

Typically this is the Junk mailbox. Are you seeing the non-uncertain spam messages?

No, they are not in the Junk mailbox, nor in the Inbox, nor anywhere.

You can also find all the messages that SpamSieve has processed in the Log window. If you click the Uncertain Spam, notification it will take you directly to that message in the log.

I don’t see anywhere I can click on Uncertain Spam. There is good mail and spam mail options but nothing about Uncertain Spam. And they are not in the log file either.

cheers,

nina

Where do you have it set to move the messages?

In the notification window that’s telling you about the uncertain spam, if you click the notification itself instead of clicking the close box.

The Log window won’t say Uncertain Spam; it will say Predicted: Spam and show a spam score that’s in the uncertain range.

Where do you have it set to move the messages?

I have it set to move Spam messages to the Junk mailbox.

In the notification window that’s telling you about the uncertain spam, if you click the notification itself instead of clicking the close box.

I don’t click on anything. The notification disappears by itself in several seconds.

If you don’t see anything in the Junk mailbox, you may want to make sure that it’s configured in Mail. For example, the special Junk mailbox in Mail should have a submailbox for each account.

You may want to go to System Settings ‣ Notification and set the notifications to show as Alerts so that they stay visible. Or you can find old notifications in Notification Center.

Yes, there is a mailbox for each account.

I’ve changed the Notification settings to Alerts.

I still don’t understand, if SS thinks a message is spam, why doesn’t it move the message to the Junk box, as it usually does for trained and confirmed spam?

thanks,

Nina

It does. Every message that’s Uncertain Spam is also considered spam and so will be moved.

Are you seeing any messages moved automatically to Junk? From all accounts? What does the Log window say about the ones that move vs. the ones that don’t?

It’s important that in your SpamSieve rule in Mail’s preferences you select the top-level Junk mailbox, not the one within a particular account.

It does. Every message that’s Uncertain Spam is also considered spam and so will be moved.

Are you seeing any messages moved automatically to Junk? From all accounts?

Yes, of 3 accounts under Junk, two of them have spam today - Orange and iCloud. Only my gmail account doesn’t have any but I use it seldom.

In Rules SpamSieve is at the top of the list.

In Logs, if I find an uncertain spam which should be considered good and I click on the Train as Good at the top of the window, shouldn’t it move the mail to the Inbox or do I have to do something to move it there?

What does the Log window say about the ones that move vs. the ones that don’t?

I don’t know what you mean.

It’s important that in your SpamSieve rule in Mail’s preferences you select the top-level Junk mailbox, not the one within a particular account.

Yes, the main Junk is what is chosen, not any of the sub accounts.

cheers,

nina

OK, that sounds good.

Normally, you should select the message in the Junk mailbox and train it as good from within Apple Mail. That will train it and move it to the inbox. If you train it from the Log window, that will not move it in Apple Mail.

I thought your issue was that there were messages that you expected to move to Junk that were not in Junk. So my question is, are there entries in the Log window about these messages? For example, does it say Predicted: Spam for them?