Web archive cannot be displayed

Hi,

in the last few days, everytime I try to import a webarchive from Safari to EagleFiler, the file as shown in EagleFiler cannot be displayed and just shows the message “This Web archive could not be displayed; perhaps the file is damaged or missing.”

The capture key (F1) from Safari is working correctly, and I think the problem only happens using the “EagleFiler: import” or “EagleFiler: import with options” services from selected text. Also, the same happens if in Reader View.

I updated to the latest version of Safari (14.0) recently, and it is possible that this error only started after that, but I’m not completely sure…

Many thanks,
Pedro

I see a workaround was implemented in the new beta 3 of EagleFiler, and the text is imported as text. Would be great to have the old webarchive format though.

This is caused by a bug in Safari 14. There is a workaround in the EagleFiler public beta. Apple has already fixed the bug internally, so hopefully it will be available in the next Safari update.

Thanks Michael!

Upgraded today to Safari 14.0.1 and both EagleFiler services mentioned above seem to be working correctly again.

1 Like