What's best for SpamSieve 3.0 and 3.0.1 on macOS Ventura

When I upgraded SpamSieve to 3.0 on Ventura 13.6 several days ago, I failed to read the release notes and made no changes to my Mail and SpamSieve settings.

Michael’s “SpamSieve 3.0.1” email yesterday called my attention to SpamSieve’s new extension. I’m now unsure how to proceed with SpamSieve 3.0 and 3.0.1.

What’s best on Ventura, SpamSieve’s plug-in or extension? How does Mail’s “SpamSieve” Rule play in the SpamSieve 3 world?

From what I’ve read so far, my Inbox with 22 email accounts and nearly 30K messages dating back to 2007, is a key consideration.

– Ward

The advantages of the extension are that it’s easier to set up and works on macOS 14 Sonoma. Otherwise, the plug-in generally works better. So if you already have the plug-in set up and are using Ventura, you may as well keep using it. In time, we’ll make improvements to how the extension and associated features work, and hopefully Apple will, too.

It works the same way as before when using the plug-in. When using the extension, it should be disabled or deleted.

1 Like