When importing mail can multiple import folders be created?

Let’s say I’ve created a smart folder in Mail, with options set to select mail over a given year range. My mail may has multiple email accounts, so mail selected in the smart folder may come from different accounts. My question: When I perform an import (via F1 key) will this always result in a single (aggregated) Import folder, or could it result in multiple folders? If latter, is there a way to specify to aggregate the import to a single folder?

Rod

When you capture from a smart mailbox or from a selection across multiple mailboxes, EagleFiler imports a separate mailbox file for each source mailbox that the messages were originally stored in. There is currently no preference to control this, but you could select the mailboxes after the import and choose Merge Mailboxes to combine them.

1 Like

Thanks Michael. That wasn’t clear to me although I eventually figured it out. When performing multiple imports in a series it can be confusing to figure out later. I thought these were accidental duplicate imports and deleted initially. Would be good for this to be more prominently highlighted in the documentation and/or perhaps show a notification the first time user performs an import that results in multiple folders being created.

Rod

I’ll look into that—thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like